Open - open and accepting applications
- This is a working superintendent position and includes performing physical labor
- Be on call 24 hours a day - Respond to emergency situations including snow and ice control, assist in the repair of water and sewer line failures, tree removal and other emergency work; schedule response crews, allocate necessary supplies and equipment, direct activities and supervise work
- Plan, coordinate, and supervise street, mechanical, and related public works maintenance and repair projects
- Physical labor in snow and ice control, street & bridge repair and construction, street maintenance, drainage work, building maintenance, equipment repair and maintenance, and other related projects
- Operate a variety of heavy and light motorized construction equipment and vehicles such as backhoe, front-end loader, basin cleaner, grader, and other related equipment
- Attend board and public meetings as necessary
- Respond to inquiries and complaints from citizens, businesses, etc.
- Prepare and submit department budget
- Expend and track funds to stay within budget
- Seek state and federal grants, track projects, and submit required reports
- High school graduate or equivalent GED, preferably supplemented by college-level courses in civil engineering or construction
- At least five years’ experience in public works maintenance work including 2 years of supervisory experience; or any equivalent combination of training experience which provides the appropriate knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Possession of a valid Massachusetts Class A or B CDL with Air Brake Endorsement and 2B or higher and 4G Hoisting Engineer’s licenses
- Must submit to drug & alcohol testing per DOT and FMCSA guidelines
- A pre-employment physical is required, and a current DOT medical card must be maintained during employment.
- An acceptable criminal history check (CORI) and clean driving record are required.
- Proficient in the use of a computer including Microsoft Office
- Attention to detail
- Courteous with the public, Town departments, etc.
Please see job description for complete duties and minimum qualifications
- $73,513 per year
- This is an exempt full time salaried position as set forth by 29CFR541.100. It is expected that the Superintendent will at minimum work 8 hours per day for a total of 40 hours per week.
- Benefits include paid vacation, sick, and personal time off and health insurance
- Send a letter of interest, resume, and application to: admin [at] huntingtonma.us or Town of Huntington Selectboard, PO Box 430, Huntington, MA 01050
DEADLINE TO APPLY:
- Position open until filled
Town of Huntington is an Equal Opportunity Employer